Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Change of Pace

I know this blog has been mainly used as my photoblog, but I'm taking several writing classes this quarter and one of them, non-fiction writing, would like for me to keep a daily journal. Since I'm on the internet all the time anyway, I figured this would be the easiest way to keep up.

So sorry ahead of time if things get a bit personal. I'll try to put in a picture a day as well.

So here we go, and it's going to be pretty heavy.



Three weeks ago my mom felt a lump on her upper thigh. She immediately went to the doctor, they did a CT scan, and discovered that it was a mass. About a week ago my mom had surgery to remove the mass and today they called her back with the results.

It's malignant. Cancer. Leo Myo Sarcoma.

Life seems to happen so fast doesn't it? She's going back to the doctor tomorrow, and I might go with her if she want me to. They're pretty much going to lay it all out for her and explain what the plan of action is going to be.

My mom has cancer. This feels surreal. Parents seem invincible, but lately it seems like my family is falling to pieces. My dad had mild scirrosis of the liver a couple years ago and my brother just had his kidney removed because of cancer.

I found a lump on my arm a couple of months ago and I just figured it was a pimple or something, but it's still there. And with all of this happening I'm scheduling an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to get it checked out.

So much to take in...day by day.



In other news, I started Fall quarter today. Four classes is a heavy load, but I don't think it's going to be that bad. I'm taking Creative Copywriting, Non-Fiction Writing, Photo Portfolio, and 20th Century Art...but that one is online. The classes seem really interesting and totally different from what I'm use to, which is a good thing.

I don't really feel in the mood to go more in depth about them, I will later.

Comfort food is calling my name....and anyone who knows me know that I'm heading straight for the chips and salsa.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Wendy, my name is Lynn. Approx. 5 years ago my mom went to the hospital because she couldn't keep any food down and looked as if she was 7-8 months pregnant. She was diagnosed with the extremely rare cancer... it was attached to her inferior vena cava (sp?) and her heart...during her 4 month stay in the hospital, she underwent a 10 1/2 hour surgery, which left a few cancer cells behind. She then seemed as though she was cured. About 2 years later, she started having hip pains to the point that she could barely walk... come to find out, it was back! Now, she has several spots on her lungs and liver, one in her groin, one in her hip, one attached to her spine, one in her left buttocks area and just yesterday, she went to the doctor because she was unable to urinate. Don't know the outcome of that until she follows up with a eurologist, but unfortunately it's probably a new area. This has got to be the most horrible thing for you and my mom and the other rare individuals out there to go through! I don't understand it at all... My mom is only 55 yrs old. My heart goes out to you!

d said...

At replica louis vuitton handbags Spring 2010, creative director Marc Jacobs saw fit to attach furry tails to the lv handbag. Yep, that happened. As far as bags go, the show started…dreadfully. Most of them appeared to be made of dip-dyed cotton canvas in candy colors with coordinating fluffy appendages streaming off the back, which were sometimes bigger than the louis vuitton handbags themself. Instead of canvas bags with animal parts hanging from them, louis vuitton bags returned to the leathers and embossed logos to which fans are slightly more accustomed. And they weren’t entirely successful, but I appreciate the combination of colors, materials, and textures that Jacobs attempted in order to make something new out of one of the most recognizable logos in the fashion world. The collection was heavy on messengers, and the ones that combined logo leather with smooth in different colors were probably the best louis vuitton of the show, in addition to the duffel bags made of similar textures.

Unknown said...

Among a huge range of daidaihua
present in the market. lida slimming
makes weight loss easy and quick. Though there may be enormous companies introducing slimming capsule
. This is exactly what slimming capsules
do. Also there is no need to cut down on food while you are taking lida
regularly. lida daidaihua
detoxify your body thereby expelling all the harmful toxins in your body.

Anonymous said...

http://www.blurty.com/users/louisbags
http://www.blurty.com/users/123handbags
http://www.blurty.com/users/lovuitonbag
http://vuttionbags.bravejournal.com/
http://louisbags.bravejournal.com/