Friday, October 10, 2008

EAW Day 1



Stayed at Tiff's last night, and surprisingly I was able to find a parking spot right outside her apt on 96th and Broadway...go me! Met the Eddie Adams group at B&H. First off, let me say how weird B&H is, being there is a surreal experience. Little conveyerbelts carry your stuff around, and Hasidic Jews are running the place. It's crazy, but magical.

I met up with Brian and Jared there, and drove them up to the farm. It was great seeing Brian again, we were both at the Foundry workshop in Mexico City this summer. He had a lot of great advice for me on the way up, because I still feel like the odd man out at these sort of get-togethers. Attending art school I feel like I'm at a big disadvantage compared to all of the other kids cause they all go to journalism heavy schools. At the same time, I feel like I'm at an advantage because I have that fine-art background. I guess it balances out and I must be doing something right....right?

Met with my team this afternoon. They're all amazing people and our team leaders, Chris Ramirez and Clay Patrick McBride, are pretty incredible. I can't wait to see what we get done these next few days.

No comments: